[blfs-dev] BLFS 7.8 Status

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Sat Sep 26 06:14:11 PDT 2015

Em 24-09-2015 18:40, Bruce Dubbs escreveu:
> Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
>
>> I am trying to get back to normal working speed, still without success.
>> Have not yet started LFS-7.8-rc1.
>
> OK, I think we can finish tagging without you doing it.  It's better to
> have a 2nd set of eyes on the packages anyway.  As of this message,
> there are 60 packages left to tag: 28 gnome, 22 lxqt, 3 networking, 6
> server, and lxdm.

Thanks.

> The only thing I need from you is ticket #6972 (Fix starting X).

I think it is done. The only last fix I found today is in one paragraph:
split and correct grammar.

Bit they were too many. If/when Ken, you, Pierre, devs have time it
would be advisable to have a look there.

Notice that most changes are most probably *incompatible with systemd*.

I still worry a little, having "startx" where we cannot choose the vt.

We agreed that it was better that sed in xinit *disabling* choosing the
vt than including instructions to use

startx -- vt7

because vt7 could not be available and also it would be a little
"convoluted" (not sure if this is the right word).

Can I close the ticket today?

Fernando, perhaps I won't dislike to be called Sísifo