[blfs-dev] Plasma5 woes

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 13:56:18 PDT 2015

Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 06:24:58PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> I've built plasma-5.4.1, but I can't get it to start.  krunner crashes.

> I have no useful comment at this point, other than to note that
> 5.4.0 works fine for me, albeit rather slow to start.  That is for
> 7.8 builds without PAM, although I very much doubt that is relevant.

I've rebuilt qt5, kf5, and plasma5 in debug mode and run gdb against
krunner.  About the only thing I can say is that the segfault happens
deep in qt5, although I think it's a kde problem.

I could back up to 5.4.0 and test it, but I'm reluctant to do that for
blfs-7.8.  It just seems to fragile.

My best solution for now is to remove plasma5 from blfs and say that it
is not stable enough to put in the book.  As soon as 7.8 is released, we
can put what I have now back into -dev.

Fernando, Ken, any objections?