[blfs-dev] More gnome quibbles

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 19:57:57 PDT 2015

Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 26, 2015 at 07:29:15PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> Ken Moffat wrote:
>>> Just a few things I noticed while preparing my scripts -
>>>
>>> gnome-system-monitor --enable-wnck is not explained.
>>>
>>> gnome-terminal : I'm unhappy about the sed to move the desktop file
>> >from System to Utility, all other terms are in System.
>>>
>>> seahorse has --bindir=/usr/bin which is tersely explained as
>>> "Fix desktop file".  I think the intention is to make the program
>>> generally available" ?  I haven't looked at the code yet, but I
>>> assume it defaults to $PREFIX/sbin.
>>
>> OK, I'll take a look.  I intend to start reviewing/tagging gnome after I
>> clean up plasma.
>>
> I'm building all of gnome, except for cheese.  Will test what I can
> once the build finishes.  And I'll take a look at these : for
> gnome-terminal I suspect that Fernando might object if I remove the
> sed ?

OK.  I can do cheese and I need to do the other apps too.  Go ahead and
tag what you can and I'll tag cheese after I check it out.

I have right now:

lxterminal.desktop:Categories=GTK;Utility;TerminalEmulator;
xfce4-terminal.desktop:Categories=GTK;System;TerminalEmulator;
konsole.desktop:Categories=Qt;KDE;System;TerminalEmulator;
gnome-terminal.desktop:Categories=GNOME;GTK;System;TerminalEmulator;
qterminal.desktop:Categories=Qt;System;TerminalEmulator;

There isn't any .desktop file for xterm.

My lxterminal script does have the sed to change to Utility.

So we need to be consistent and put all terminals in the default System.
  I think we should remove the note.

Sorry Fernando, but we need to be consistent and as compatible as
possible with upstream.