[blfs-dev] Building LXQT

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Sun Sep 27 04:21:40 PDT 2015

Em 27-09-2015 07:14, Pierre Labastie escreveu:
> Hi,
>
> I've started adapting my automation scripts to build LXQT. I think I might
> find a few places where there is a problem for extracting the instructions,
> which are not visible in the rendered book. I'd like to be able to change what
> is needed for my scripts to work (when it does not change the rendered book)
> without informing the list before, since I guess others would be weakly
> concerned...
>
> Also, the id attribute in the chapter tag in lxqt/desktop.xml should be
> changed to something less generic than "desktop", because it has to be unique
> inside the whole book... I'll change it to "lxqt-desktop", in the attribute
> and at any place it is xref-erred.
>
> Please do not hesitate to comment.
>
> Pierre

Forgot:

I agree that you have all the right to adapt BLFS to your particular
needs, or the needs of your scripts.

But others have much less right to do anything, and each modification is
questioned. This is a fact proved in the messages. If someone is curious
about it, just check the modifications done by some people that are
afterwards overriden, sometimes after a couple of steps: first change it
to optional and apparently, not satisfied with that and with the word
given that that is acceptable, just remove it completely.

It think that who has more rights should take more care of the book, and
who has less rights should be warned about that, so as to do just
trivial jobs.

Fernando, aka Sísifo