[blfs-dev] Building LXQT

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Sun Sep 27 06:12:25 PDT 2015

Em 27-09-2015 09:48, Pierre Labastie escreveu:
> On 27/09/2015 13:14, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
>> Em 27-09-2015 07:14, Pierre Labastie escreveu:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've started adapting my automation scripts to build LXQT. I think I might
>>> find a few places where there is a problem for extracting the instructions,
>>> which are not visible in the rendered book. I'd like to be able to change what
>>> is needed for my scripts to work (when it does not change the rendered book)
>>> without informing the list before, since I guess others would be weakly
>>> concerned...
>>>
>>> Also, the id attribute in the chapter tag in lxqt/desktop.xml should be
>>> changed to something less generic than "desktop", because it has to be unique
>>> inside the whole book... I'll change it to "lxqt-desktop", in the attribute
>>> and at any place it is xref-erred.
>>>
>>> Please do not hesitate to comment.
>>>
>>> Pierre
>>>

>> Actually, the xml name could also be changed I've seen generic names
>> (most my fault) such as
>>
>> ./postlfs/config/config.xml
>> ./kde/core/config.xml
>>

>> ./lxde/desktop/desktop.xml
>> ./lxqt/desktop/desktop.xml
>>

>> ./lxqt/desktop/pre-install.xml
>>
>> ./lxqt/desktop/post-install.xml
>>
>> ./x/installing/installing.xml
>>

> I am not sure there is a need to change the xml names: their whole path is
> _not_ generic. Problem with the id's is that they have to be unique inside the
> whole book, and they have no context.
>
> Pierre

I do have other problems with files having the same name. So I am sure
"there is a need to change the xml names" even if "their whole path is
_not_ generic". No, I wont't write them.

Normally, I warite things not only because I had an idea, but something
was needed or a difficulty or problem hit me.

But with this reply, I can safely say: everybody agrees other than
Fernando being an update machine, everything else Fernando thinks only
matters to himself.

Bye.

Fernando, aka Sísifo