[blfs-dev] gnome tagging

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sun Sep 27 13:40:49 PDT 2015

On Sun, Sep 27, 2015 at 09:03:09PM +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 27, 2015 at 02:40:34PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> > For yelp, I only tried it directly.  It seems to work if I asked for an
> > index.  I have almost everything in blfs except lxqt installed per book
> > instructions.
>
> It might be that I am missing something essential (I vaguely remember
> that many years ago yelp needed gvfs, which I had dropped at that
> time).  I think I've built gvfs : [ did you hear the swearing ? ] - I
> managed to omit a few things from my build, now I see that gvfs was
> also omitted.  <sigh/>  Will build and retest.

If I run yelp from the commandline in a term, giving it the path to
a local copy of one of the books' index.html files, it opens that.
For all other uses, even now that gvfs is installed, it fails as
before.

Also - gnome-video-effects : it builds, but the only thing in the
book which uses it is cheese.