[blfs-dev] KF5-intro

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 09:30:15 PDT 2015

Pierre Labastie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I may be missing something, but I do not understand the
> /etc/profile.d file in the KF5_PREFIX=/usr case:
> I see for example:
> -------|
> pathappend /usr/lib/qt5/plugins    QT_PLUGIN_PATH
> pathappend $QT5DIR/lib/qt5/plugins QT_PLUGIN_PATH
> ------
>
> but:
> - the second line is the same as the preceding one if QT5DIR=/usr
> (no problem, the pathappend function avoids duplicates).
> - the second line point to a non existent directory if QT5DIR=/opt/qt5.
> $QT5DIR/plugins.
>
> Did you mean "$QT5DIR/plugins" (and same in the following lines?).
> For LXQt, I will soon begin building kf5, with KF5_PREFIX=/usr and
> QT5_PREFIX=/opt/qt5. Is it an already tested configuration?

To be honest, I haven't built kf5 or qt5 in /usr.  The above is from the
systemd book.  The problem there, of course, is that you can't use the
qt defaults because it would conflict with qt4.  We do have a note in
qt5 about building in /usr and that has the */qt5/* locations, so I
think the above is right although we could remove the redundant entries.