[blfs-dev] BLFS tagging is finished

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 11:43:48 PDT 2015

OK, tagging is finally finished and all tickets for 7.8 are closed.

Let's take a day to review and fix up any outstanding issues.  If anyone
knows of something else that needs to be fixed, please speak up here.

If nothing comes up, I plan on releasing LFS-7.8 and BLFS-7.8 stable
versions on Thursday, October 1st.

On a personal note, this cycle has been more difficult than previous
ones due to several new sets of packages.  I tried to get plasma5 in,
but it didn't work out.  Looking back, we did a package freeze on
September 7th.  That's been three weeks and the usual time for the
tagging process is about two weeks.

I'd like to thank all who have contributed over the last six (now seven)
months including Fernando, Ken, Pierre, Douglas, Igor, and Chris.

Here is a list of who made changes as listed in the change log:

Fernando 477
Me       178
Douglas   81
Ken       47
Igor      15
Chris      6
DJ         1

That's a lot of work!  Also note that Fernando has updated more than all
the rest of the editors combined.  A special thanks goes to him.

As an approximate estimation of the number of packages in the book, we
now have 814 xml files, not counting stylesheets and archives.

Thank you all again.