Hardware query...

Hendrik Volker Brunn hvb at gmx.net
Wed Apr 18 23:30:39 PDT 2001

On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 10:31:22PM +0200, Marc Heerdink wrote:
> > > The 2.4.x kernels has built in support for the Promise ATA100
> > > controller. Which motherboard is it?
> >
> > It's a Microstar board, based on a VIA chipset. Unfortunately, that's
> > others. I've emailed them, hoping that they use the Promise controller
> > for all their ATA100 systems.
>
> Prolly a K7T Turbo... that one has a Promise controller onboard.

Then he should really have a look into LKML as there are still problems with via and onboard promise controllers ranging
from disk corruption over "no UDMA 5 mode" to "not working at all" ...

Hendrik

--
"And I'm right. I'm always right, but in this case I'm just a bit more
right than I usually am" -- Linus Torvald, Sunday Aug 27, 2000.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org