Hardware query...

Björn Lindberg d95-bli at nada.kth.se
Thu Apr 19 05:52:58 PDT 2001

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Mike B. wrote:

> I have the via chipset system and the Promise controller on an asus
> a7v.  System is fantastic(of course it IS LFS ;-)).  Asus ships the
> kernel patch for the controller on the driver  disk.  It was a little
> tricky to install at first.  Had to hook up my hard drive to the
> standard udma ide controller first to patch the kernel, then put it back
> on the promise chipset.

I have an A7V (early version, rev 1002, I think). I had never heard
about those problems before, and I've never experienced any problems
with it. I've never installed any kernel patch. What's ther kernel
patch for?

I have an A7V with the Promise ATA100 controller, running kernel
2.4.0 using only the Promise driver in the kernel. No problems at
all.

Björn

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org