Unsubscribe lameness

Björn Lindberg d95-bli at nada.kth.se
Fri Apr 20 09:37:05 PDT 2001

On Fri, 20 Apr 2001, Chris Delnooz wrote:

> On Friday 20 April 2001 14:37, you wrote:
> > Øyvind Repvik sent these bits on Fri, 20 Apr 2001 14:10:51 +0200:

> > > I've been here the whole time this has been going on, thankyou...

> > > I'd rather have all those that reply to 'unsubscribe' messages prefix
> > > their subject line with [OT], since it's obviously off-topic, and that
> > > filter is already in my mail-program.
> >
> > Write all people personally then, and request the politely to stop
> > something you don't like. I guess they won't do that because it is funny...
> > we live in a free world and on a free mailinglist. As long as Gerard
> > doesn't forbid it, they're free to do and write what they want. If you want
> > the ppl to add [OT], do it yourself because this is very offtopic too.
> > There.
>
> Or better, get yourself a sense of humor! things get boring when they are
> allways on topic. Some offtopic stuff brightens our day :-)

I don't particularly mind those unsubscribe-posts because they are
easy to delete, but I don't see why you have to flame someone for not
sharing your sense of humour.

Do you know what happens to mailing-lists when the off-topic posting
goes to high? I know, because I've been on a few.

Just try to keep reasonable. And don't flame someone just because
they don't want to read OT posts. Not everyone has all day to devote
to reading one mailing list (not implying that you do).

Björn

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org