Package Script

LARRIEU, Vivian Vivian.LARRIEU at tls.mms.fr
Mon Apr 23 07:33:13 PDT 2001

> At 14:26 23.04.2001 +0200, you wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm not sure how to write this, or even if it is a solution
> > > that make's
> > > sense, but maybe it's worth looking at.  It seems to me that
> > > installation/uninstallation could be handled this way.
> > >

> ><snip>
>

> > > Can something be done like this?
> > > Has it already been done?
> > > Can it be done better?
>
> It seems to me like you're looking for 'checkinstall'. Check out
> http://freshmeat.net/projects/checkinstall/
> It 'replaces' "make install", and creates a package (either .rpm or
> slackware .tgz) that you can use to install/uninstall what
> you've just
> compiled.

 I have try checkinstall (1.3.2 and 1.4beta), but it does not work. It
cannot monitor action that "make install" do.
I have try with installwatch only and "installwatch -o dummy.log make
install" write nothing in dummy.log, but "installwatch -o dummy.log mkdir
foo" write the mkdir action in the dummy.log file.
I dont understand why but I am allways trying to find (or to do) an
automatic log of the "make install" command to create some files/packages
database with cross reference to resolve dependencies and to uninstall
properly an application.

  Vivian

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org