gnome 1.4 hint

Michael Vanecek mike at mjv.com
Wed Apr 25 09:59:39 PDT 2001

I've just started downloading the packages. I noticed that some of them
like bonobo is a little lower in version than what the hint mentioned.
The updated packages are at
ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/stable/latest/sources/ - be aware that
this directory has a few packages of different versions together, like
ORBit-0.5.0 to 0.5.7. I grabbed the directory for download and only
after a few packages came in did I notice this. Sheesh - look before you
ftp. It doesn't have GConf in that particular directory, so it's
probably a working directory for the next subrelease where the actual
release directory would be
ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/stable/releases/gnome-1.4/ - I'm
downloading the release directory first and then just picking and
choosing the updated files before I compile and install...

Cheers,
Mike