Devfs-hint

Rik Burt rikb at home.com
Thu Apr 26 07:21:21 PDT 2001

> i know i built an entire system using just devfs, only disaster
struck, i
> built it on an reiserf partition and i couldn´t get lilo to understand
how
> to boot my partition because of the devfs naming-scheme, so i am left
with a
> beatiful new shiny LFS-system wich is unbootble and i haven´t got a
distro
> new enough to support reiserf:(, i need that to chroot into my old
reiserfs
> partition to revive the boot loader, unless anybody has another
suggestion?

If I understand you correctly you have the entire system built and you
just can't boot it.  LILO wouldn't boot my new LFS either so I switched
to GRUB.  The GRUB hint is excellent and I believe
http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue64/kohli.html has a great article on
GRUB as well.

I know I know I grew up with LILO too but IMHO GRUB works better.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org