Web Browser

Seth W. Klein sklein at mint.net
Mon Jan 1 12:56:01 PST 2001

Philip Stubbs wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am sure that this must have been asked, but can anybody recommend a
> Graphical web browser for LFS? I want to compile one, but the last time I
> tried Mozilla (M13) it was less than successful.

You can't judge Mozilla by M13. Up until M18 or so i could compile it
but not run the results. 0.6 compiles and runs without difficulty.
It is, however, the fattest of the browsers. I'm using Netscape 4.7x
for that reason.

I have found Netscape much less stable on poorly setup systems. On my
clean LFS system, it's quite good. YMMV.

And yes, the Mozilla GUI is the slowest, most annoying part. I'm
definitely watching for Galeon/Skipstone to mature.

cheers,
sklein
--
sklein at mint.net                          http://members.mint.net/sklein/