[OT]Re: Web Browser

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Tue Jan 2 02:10:20 PST 2001

On Tuesday 02 January 2001 06:06, you wrote:
> At 11:13 PM 1/1/01 +1300, Simon wrote:
> >Unfortunately, . . . . . . all the
> >Gecko-based browsers I've seen are for Gnome.
>
> My question is that in this thread I have gotten the sense that KDE is the
> preferred desktop GUI of many of the respondents. Why?

My remark above was not favoring KDE over Gnome - I was merely observing that
all the Gecko-based browsers seem to require Gnome.

Personally, I'd rather not have either installed - that's why I'm looking for
a good browser that doesn't require all the extras. Both Gnome and KDE
provide too much that I don't want. I use a WindowMaker desktop, with a
handful of xterms. While KDE has a number of good programs, I don't want
programs that come with 50Mb worth of baggage.

Simon.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org