gcc/chroot env- [argv.o] - persists

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 2 13:18:19 PST 2001

> I did the above. Redid gcc and wound up with the same error message. Thx
> Jesse.

Ok ya'll stop messing with the kernel please. We'll deal with that later.

The fact is: the error says it cant' find stddef.h

It is not the stddef.h from the kernel sources, honestly. It's the stddef.h
from the 'private' (if you want to call it that) gcc include files which it's
not finding. At least that's how it is supposed to be. Check my previous post
again (gcc --verbose <blah> argv.o shows it doesn't look in
/usr/include/linux and argv.c doens't contain a #include <linux/stddef.h>
line but just a #include <stddef.h> line, so it must be
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/2.95.2/include/stddef.h (or whatever the
architecture is).

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org