ReiserFS

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 2 13:28:14 PST 2001

On December 29, 2000 03:28 pm, Perrin Aybara wrote:
> Ouch--I've succesfully finished getting my new LFS build over onto a
> reiserfs partition.  I had a really nasty run-in with fsck though--forgot
> to change my checkfs script so that it _wouldn't_ try to run on the root

in fstab, change the number '1' in the last column to '0' . This bypasses the
fsck on bootup (1 is for the root system, 2 is for anything else, and 0
bypassed the check like you'd do for swap, proc, devpts, devfs and others
like cdrom, floppy). See "man 5 fstab" for more info

> startup?  I know there's a reiserfsck utility, but when I replace the fsck

But not needed (it doesn't even compile on my system properly) since reiserfs
doesn't require a fsck-like utility. The kernel driver handles the checking
and fixing of the partition when needed.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org