gcc/chroot - update

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 2 13:39:35 PST 2001

> > so, any reference to simply '#include <stddef.h>' in a C program refers
> > to stddef.h in /usr/include, or in the gcc header library if it doesn't
> > exist in /usr/include...
>
> as you find out later these are in the private (i call it private due to lack
> of a better term) gcc header dir /usr/lib/gcc-lib
>
> > as simply #include <stddef.h>
>
> and /usr/lib/gcc-lib/blah/bleh/include is in gcc's include patch.
>
> > re-installing gcc staticly may be necessary...
>
> that wont' really fix the header path problem. Let's wait for  Bill to run
> the gcc --verbose <flags> argv.c command so we can see what paths gcc is
> looking in.

reason: static gcc is the one that's supposed to install the
/usr/lib/gcc-lib directory and it's files. I believe he has reinstalled
the static gcc already. Does /usr/lib/gcc-lib exist at all? I've never
seen gcc not installing that directory, but you never know........

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org