ReiserFS

Barry barry at hartford.uconn.edu
Tue Jan 2 14:11:35 PST 2001

> > startup?  I know there's a reiserfsck utility, but when I replace the fsck
>
> But not needed (it doesn't even compile on my system properly) since reiserfs
> doesn't require a fsck-like utility. The kernel driver handles the checking
> and fixing of the partition when needed.

didn't they fix that???

hmm..I could swear I used it on a Red Hat 6.2 box recently...

if they haven't fixed that, it's been broken for about 6 monthes...

but, like you said, the only reason to run it is if the system is really
screwed..in which case, you're just as well to rebuild the filesystem
itself (after attempting to salvage your data, first :) )...

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org