Going home and some other news...

Simon Perreault nomis80 at videotron.ca
Tue Jan 2 20:06:43 PST 2001

On Tuesday 02 January 2001 19:58, Fabio Fracassi wrote:
> > I've left it pretty much up to jesse to find a new lfs-hints maintainer,
> > and I am unsure if he found somebody. I've been away myself as well for a
> > few days so i'm trying to catch up. Just read that jesse's gone too, so
> > no idea what's happening now. If he does stop by here in Toronto as he
> > said he might I'll ask him...
>
> Well, he found me (as a hints-maintainer), but If simon wants the job,
> thats ok with me. Jesse gave me an CVS account, so If you want me to, I can
> still help.

Jesse seemed very happy to see me again (should I say overly happy?), and we
talked a lot in #LFS. He gave me CVS access and I've done a lot of changes to
the hints. I added a README file which everyone who intends to modify the
hints should read, and I also converted them to HTML with a little
script/program of my devising (with a lot of help from many people for the
script). If you want to modify the hints, go ahead, but I have many plans for
the hints and intend to transform them radically. I already changed all the
hints so that they conform to the format described in the README file, so
that they can be exported to anything. To test it I exported them to HTML,
and it was a success. Well, some hints are unreadable in HTML, but the point
is to standardize everything. So go ahead, make any changes to the hints,
you've got CVS access. But please don't forget that I'm doing some big-scale
changes.

--
--Support your government, give Echelon / Carnivore something to parse--

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org