Ew--strange errors

Perrin Aybara vze24938 at verizon.net
Tue Jan 2 21:31:03 PST 2001

Okay, this is pretty strange:
	I wrote to this list before about trying to pass --rebuild to the rpm
command and it telling me it was unable to "open the tmp directory"
(while never telling me which of the many tmp directories it was trying
to open).  Now it will actually try--but this is what i get:

bash-2.04# rpm --rebuild glide-v3-drm-3.10-6.src.rpm
Installing glide-v3-drm-3.10-6.rpm
Executing(%prep): /bin/sh -e /var/local/tmp/rpm-tmp.46161
Exec of /var/local/tmp/rpm-tmp.46161 failed (%prep): Bad address
Bad exit status from /var/local/tmp/rpm-tmp.46161 (%prep)

Hrm.  I have no idea what this could mean (well, other than this being
another postponement of my ability to use the extra functionality of my
V3 in X).  I would really love to get my card fully working with X--I
had it working with 3.3.6 (somewhat), but even if I try rpm --install
--nodeps on that drm package and then go to the
/usr/local/src/redhat/SOURCES dir to manually build it, the resulting
module won't load anyway.  If I type insmod tdfx.o, I just get a bunch
of "unresolved symbols" (after I build tdfx.o, I copy it to
/lib/modules/2.2.18--have to type insmod tdfx.o, not insmod tdfx or even
modprobe tdfx or modprobe tdfx.o...and yes, this is after a depmod -a,
which doesn't complain).  Anyone else with a Voodoo 3 PCI and X 4.0.1 or
greater have any ideas as to what I could do to remedy this situation?

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org