Going home and some other news...

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 3 12:03:31 PST 2001

> Jesse seemed very happy to see me again (should I say overly happy?), and
> we talked a lot in #LFS. He gave me CVS access and I've done a lot of
> changes to the hints. I added a README file which everyone who intends to
> modify the hints should read, and I also converted them to HTML with a
> little script/program of my devising (with a lot of help from many people
> for the script). If you want to modify the hints, go ahead, but I have many
> plans for the hints and intend to transform them radically. I already
> changed all the hints so that they conform to the format described in the
> README file, so that they can be exported to anything. To test it I
> exported them to HTML, and it was a success. Well, some hints are
> unreadable in HTML, but the point is to standardize everything. So go
> ahead, make any changes to the hints, you've got CVS access. But please
> don't forget that I'm doing some big-scale changes.

In light of that I'd suggest Simon be in charge of the hints again as he used
to. Fabio, don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't trust you or don't like
you or anything like that, but just that Simon has had the most experience
with the hints so far and has some great ideas too. Fabio, if you want you
can still help out on the hints, but co-ordinate it with Simon. If you guys
want it, I can get you a lfs-hint mailinglist where you can discuss those
type of things.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org