Got It Going

Perrin Aybara vze24938 at verizon.net
Thu Jan 4 06:44:13 PST 2001

Simon Geard wrote:

> Have you considered trying kernel 2.4 prereleases?  I'm currently using pre10
> on one system, pre12 on the other, and I have no problems with either. And
> while I don't know about 2.2.18, the 2.4 kernels have good DRI support that
> 2.2.17 lacked.

While trying to figure out how to get DRI going, I tried 2.4-test12
(have to have a kernel with a corresponding reiserfs patch, and as far
as I know test12 is as far as they go) with no luck.

> Nice to see you have your priorities right... are these KDE screensavers, or
> xscreensaver package? I've installed the latter, but I have bad flicker
> problems with the GL ones. They work fine in a window when run manually, but
> flicker when run fullscreen by the daemon. I'm using a G200 card of course,
> so you're unlikely to have the same problem...

It was the Xscreensaver package.  There aren't any flicker problems, but
there are still some screensavers that run really slow--like Slick (all
3 variations).