Fwd: my gcc woes continue

Robert Mcleod soapman at paradise.net.nz
Fri Jan 5 05:06:52 PST 2001

(sorry if everyone gets this twice! my mistake mudding up mailing list names) :)

Subject: my gcc woes continue
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 12:51:16 +0000
From: Robert Mcleod <soapman at paradise.net.nz>

Well, I booted to linux and tried the things I suggested I try myself first at
the end of the last post (apt-get update, apt-get install gcc | changing
'struct streampos' to 'int' in indstream.o)
neither fixed my problem, although I didn't think they would :)
I've also tried downgrading everything to do with gcc down to 2.95.2, to match
the LFS version - but still no luck on that front.

Someone (sorry, that email is in outlook express [yech] atm, and I'm using
KMail for this) suggested I see what version of glibc I had installed.
I figured this meant running:
strings /lib/libc* | grep "release version"

here's what I got:

[root at soapbox]/mnt/lfs/usr/src# strings /lib/libc* | grep "release version"
GNU C Library stable release version 2.2, by Roland McGrath et al.
GNU C Library stable release version 2.2, by Roland McGrath et al.
[root at soapbox]/mnt/lfs/usr/src#

So does that mean I should have glibc 2.2 or am I on the wrong track? :)

At the moment I don't know if my problem is with gcc 2.95.3 or the source for
gcc 2.95.2 or my glibc version.

Who needs a signature when you're omnipresent? :)

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org

Who needs a signature when you're omnipresent? :)

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org