gzip

Ainsley Pereira marble at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jan 5 14:53:42 PST 2001

In message <01010515091800.11651 at cliffhangers>
          C.D.McDiarmid <cliffy at cliffhangers.screaming.net> wrote:

> I'm getting the following message from gunzip when wrapping up man files as
> part of a rpm binary:
>
> gunzip: ./usr/man/man1/gzip.1.gz has 2 other links -- unchanged
> ls: ./usr/man/man1/gzip.1: No such file or directory
>
> The same message applies to zcat, zdiff, zcmp.
>
> What are these links? Can anyone interpret this readout?

I think it's on about the fact that a bunch of the gzip util man pages are all
links to the same one.
The second error would be because of the first one (gunzip didn't, so the file
is still gzip.1.gz, not gzip.1), but I don't know why you get the first. I
rpm'd up gzip no problem.

~A.

   / Ainsley Pereira       /   aka Marble on Snowplains   /
  /                       / telnet://snowplains.org:3456 /

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org