gcc/chroot - update 2

Barry barry at hartford.uconn.edu
Fri Jan 5 14:55:40 PST 2001

> Output from gcc install attempt in chroot:
> <cut>
> xgcc: ../libiberty/pic/strerror.o: No such file or directory
> make[2]: *** [libstdc++-3-libc6.1-2-2.10.0.so] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/gcc-build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++'
> make[1]: *** [all-target-libstdc++] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/gcc-build'
> make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2
> root:/usr/src/gcc-build# echo $?
> 2
> root:/usr/src/gcc-build#
>
> The items preceding the xgcc line were similar in that there was no file or
> directory for those items also.
>
> HTH. 'Curious to see what this might tell you, other than he should re-format
> his hd and start over :>)) . Bill

as far as the links failing, that's OK...they should have....

now, we're getting somewhere... I think ... The error changed... does it
seem to get farther in compilation?

also, did you remove your /usr/src/gcc-build directory in the chroot'ed
environment???

although that shouldn't produce this error, I've seen stranger things
happen... also, try removing your opitimizations from your .bash_profile
and re-entering the chroot'ed environment...again, this shouldn't
produce this error, but I've seen stranger things...

also, did you build your system with glibc-2.1.3 or glibc-2.2???

notice that the file that it can't find is within your build
directory...I think this to be a good sign that we're getting
somewhere...try removing your /usr/src/gcc-build dir and then starting
over on the gcc dynamic build stage...

good luck :)

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org