Building a new LFS system with...

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jan 6 10:59:37 PST 2001

On January  6, 2001 01:29 pm, John Croteau wrote:
> I'd like to build a new system based on the following:
>
> 	Linux 2.4.0
> 	gcc 2.95.1
> 	glibc 2.2
> 	reiserfs
>
> Is there any advice anyone can give me before I make an attempt at
> this?  Specifically, is there anything special about glibc-2.2 that
> I need to worry about?  My build system will be a freshly installed

You need a patch to gcc and a patch to fileutils and of course the reisefs
patch.

the gcc patch can be found at
http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/install/glibc-2.2.patch

the fileutils patch is in the archive of the lfs-discuss list. Here's a link
to the online version of the email containing the patch (and a few other
patches you may want to use, like the glibc-2.2-ldconfig patch):

http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/lfsdiscuss/8485.html

btw, i think you meant to type gcc-2.95.2, not gcc-2.95.1, right?

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org