I have mirrored the 2.4 kernel

Sergey Ostrovsky sostrovsky at snip.net
Sat Jan 6 11:31:34 PST 2001

Davin Carlson wrote:

> > I use the linux-2.4.0-reiserfs-3.6.24-patch.
>
> I used the same patches. However, I had problems if I did the 2.4.0-ac1
> patch first then the reiserfs patch (i.e., I got an error message that a
> part of the reiserfs patch was not be applied). If I applied the
> reiserfs patch first then the 2.4.0-ac1 patch everything seemed to
> compile correctly. Hope this helps.
>
> BTW I'm not using reiserfs yet so maybe the errors you were referring to
> have to do with the functioning of the actual partition.
>
> Davin
>
> --

Resierfs and Alan Cox's patches to linux-2.4.0 just don't live together.
I mean, there are conficts in 2 places in fs.h.
It is not some-obscure-freakin'-MFM-PC-XT. It is fs.h.
So I decided on using reiserfs patch only ( for now ).
Having done so, I noticed when the system goes down / reboots,
I see bunch of messages about failed write on ro filesystem
( I have reiserfs as the root fs ).
Any similar experience ?

Sergey Ostrovsky.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org