diffutils-2.7 install in chroot - error

Bill Suit csuit at cfl.rr.com
Mon Jan 8 08:27:31 PST 2001

On Monday 08 January 2001 10:56 am, Philip wrote:
> Check the top level Makefile and see what rules are available.

Thanks Philip. I saw nothing in the Makefile that directly used the word
"rules". So, short of it biting me on the @ss, I might have gone right by it.

Next, copied from my Makefile, my best guess is that the word "LIBS=" is what
you're referring to? Since there's nothing by it, it has no "rule"?

#### Start of system configuration section. ####      /*from my Makefile */

srcdir = .

CC = gcc
INSTALL = /bin/install -c
INSTALL_PROGRAM = ${INSTALL}
INSTALL_DATA = ${INSTALL} -m 644
MAKEINFO = makeinfo
TEXI2DVI = texi2dvi

CPPFLAGS =
DEFS = -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
CFLAGS =  -march=i586
LDFLAGS =
LIBS =
LIBOBJS =

# Some System V machines do not come with libPW.
# If this is true for you, use the GNU alloca.o here.
ALLOCA =

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org