lilo problems

Seth Payne SPayne at Legato.com
Mon Jan 8 09:38:19 PST 2001

Ok, now my problem gets even more strange.  I unmounted every partition on
/dev/hda and ran lilo again only to get this error:

Fatal: geo_comp_addr: Cylinder number is too big (1112 > 1023)

Now, i know this has to do with the 1024 cylinder lilo restriction but the
funny thing is, I have had LILO installed on this box before.  In fact, I
have lilo installed on the MBR right now... I simply am tring to change some
things.

Here is my lilo.conf file

# LILO configuration file
# Start LILO global Section
# If you want to prevent console users to boot with init=/bin/bash,
#  restrict usage of boot params by setting a passwd and using the option
#  restricted.
#password=bootpwd
#restricted
boot=/dev/hda
#compact       # faster, but won't work on all systems.
vga = normal    # force sane state
read-only
prompt
timeout=100