gcc/chroot - Final

Barry barry at hartford.uconn.edu
Mon Jan 8 14:07:37 PST 2001

Bill Suit wrote:

> On Friday 05 January 2001 05:55 pm, Barry wrote:
> >
> > as far as the links failing, that's OK...they should have....
> >
> > now, we're getting somewhere... I think ... The error changed... does it
> > seem to get farther in compilation?
>
> Thanks for all your help. Yes I did make it farther that time. I just removed
> the gcc-build and re-attempted the chroot install and it completed!!!
>
> echo $? gave me 0's for answers on each step of the way!
>
> The bitch of it is I don't know why it compiled this time and not the last
> time. ? Oh well. Finally moving forward again. Bill

VERY COOL!!! :)

congrats...

the reasoning:  Object files and other assorted config files were left
over from previous builds.  Sometimes this causes compile time
problems... This is why the gcc-build dir exists, so that cleanup is
simply removing the dir! :)

about time we got through this :)... good luck on the rest of the LFS...
post if you hit more problems :) ...

did you learn anything? :)

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org