Fileutils error compiling

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jan 8 17:38:42 PST 2001

On January  8, 2001 11:23 am, Michael Konrad wrote:
> I am getting an error message when I compile fileutils:
>
> dircolors.c:40:15: not enough arguments for macro "strndup"
> make[2]: *** [dircolors.o] Error 1
>
> System info: RedHat 7.0 PIII 500MHz Dell Inspiron 3700

download:

http://download.linuxfromscratch.org/glibc-2.2-patches/fileutils-4.0-glibc-2.2.patch

now:

cd fileutils-4.0
patch -Np1 -i /path/to/downloaded/fileutils-4.0-glibc-2.2.patch

after you patch'ed it, run make again with the appropriate parameters.

If you have problems compiling gcc as well, there are patches to gcc in the
glibc-2.2-patches directory on download.linuxfromscratch.org as well (http
and ftp interface available, whichever you prefer)

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org