Linux 2.4.0 + ReiserFS + AC3

Sergey Ostrovsky sostrovsky at snip.net
Mon Jan 8 18:38:07 PST 2001

<--- snip

> Ok, reiserfs on a ac2 kernel was a pain already, but now you are mixing ac2
> and ac3 patches  which just doesn't work.

<--- snip
ac3 patch is OK. Steven Cole, who authored that fs.h-fixing patch, suggested
its usage for ac[1-3].
It does work for ac3.
However I warn you against using ac4 patch ( at least when your root is
reiserfs );
System hangs on very first write request ( which happens to make sysklogd ).
>From another hand, it is kind of satisfying to see "Warning: replay journal for
3 operations"
or like this, when booting in another disk and mounting this reiserfs for
repair ...

Sergey Ostrovsky.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org