booting lfs - initial reboot problem

Bill Suit csuit at cfl.rr.com
Tue Jan 9 06:56:50 PST 2001

On Tuesday 09 January 2001 01:16 pm, Gerard wrote:

> Before you try anything else, please make sure that the kernel you
> compiled inside chroot contains the proper drivers like IDE, ext2, and
> whatever you need to get those hde/hdf devices recognized by the kernel.
> Without the proper drivers in the kernel, the kernel can't work with
> those hde and hdf disks

As far as I could tell, those were default values under menuconfig. I rm'd
the linux/ and unpacked the kernel again. In chroot I compiled the kernel.

I rm'd the lfskernel out of my distros /boot and cp the new one into it.

Re-booted and duplicated the error message. Bill

PS- I think it has something to do with the mount point?

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org