Script

Perrin Aybara vze24938 at verizon.net
Tue Jan 9 19:09:25 PST 2001

Okay, this isn't really a high-end automation or anything, so I didn't
think ALFS-discuss was the list for it (overkill).  Here's my dilemma:
I've recently (since about a month ago) started doing my LFS builds with
shell scripts.  The only problem with that is carrying over to the
chroot environment.  Of course, once the script gets to the chroot
command it stops executing since it's then in a new shell.  Anyone have
any solutions as to how to get around this with a shell script?  It
wasn't going to be that big of a problem for me with the build I did
this afternoon--I started my pre-chroot script before I left for a class
I had tonight, and due to a syntax error I came back to see that the
script had died at the gcc install.  The pre-chroot stuff will finish
sometime during the night, but there'll be a long chunk of the night
where my system is just sitting here since I can't get past the chroot
without user intervention (actually _calling up_ the post-chroot shell
script from inside the chroot).  Any help on this?  Thanks in advance...

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org