2.4

Seth Payne SPayne at Legato.com
Wed Jan 10 13:46:51 PST 2001

Well, it turns out that when I recompiled and switched the option to Pentium
II, instead of Pentium III it booted ok  :)

-----Original Message-----
From: ken_i_m [mailto:ken_i_m at elegantinnovations.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2001 1:15 PM
To: lfs-apps at linuxfromscratch.org
Subject: Re: 2.4

At 08:56 AM 1/10/01 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I finally got 2.4 compiled but when i rebooted i get:
>Uncompressing Linux ...  Ok, booting the kernel
>and then it freezes.  what might cause this?

I had the same problem with test12, which is why I dropped back to the
2.2.18 kernel. (Which I am happy to report now has 13 day 14+ hours of
uptime. No where near the 104 days I had with Red Hat.) I was hoping that
problem would have been fixed with the official release.

I think, therefore, ken_i_m

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org