NCurses

Perrin Aybara vze24938 at verizon.net
Wed Jan 10 15:28:42 PST 2001

The order I was following was the order put forth by the guy who posted
the patches originally (scott thomason)--I used his instructions before
with no problems.  According to said instructions, Glibc is patched in
the static compile but NOT GCC.  GCC is patched with both patches in the
post-chroot install.  Also, in LFS 2.4.3 Ncurses comes before GCC.
I've checked three different messages scott thomason posted with the
instructions, and they're all the same: glibc is under the "---static
build---" section and GCC is under the "---dynamic build---" section.
Is this wrong?  I specifically remember succesfully building an LFS
system with these instructions before, but then again that system might
have been from a version of Gerard's book where the dynamic install of
GCC fell before Ncurses.