Suggest update X Guide

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jan 11 05:29:03 PST 2001

> I have my mental list of changes. Sure I'd be interested to see yours if
> that's convenient.

I plan to build X either tonight or tomorrow night to expect such a list to
appear after the weekend.

> However, I was not sure that people really need this stuff.

I find your guide very helpful, especially the part about the X
configuration, I can't ever seem to remember which .cf files to edit (but I
keep a tarball of my last used config/cf directory to save myself time as I
rebuild X a lot of times lately)

> Why ? On Dec 27 I posted notes about installation of RPM-4.0 on glibc-2.2 -
> based
> system. I do not see it yet in the proper place. It makes me think that
> something is
> wrong with it. If so, why not to tell me ? Do not take this question as a

I never saw that hint coming by I'm afraid and I guess the other hint
maintainer didn't either. I try not to miss messages but I guess now and then
a message to the lists does slip through my fingers. Would you mind reposting
it (or at the least give me the date when you posted it so I can scroll up
and try to locate it. If you sent it to the list I do have it in one of my
lfs folders, now's the trick to find it)

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org