booting lfs - ongoing VFS error msg

Mike Hildebrandt mikehild at insight.org
Thu Jan 11 08:18:50 PST 2001

> > (Mdk7.2 on /dev/hde=4 gigs. lfs (linuxfromscratch) on
> /dev/hdf=40 gigs.)
>
> hde and hdf?
> hde = 5th ide device, right?
>
> how can you connect more than 5 devices to ide? only with
> special hardware
> configuration, i guess. this may be the problem.

Just add an extra IDE controller, or get a motherboard that already has two
controllers on it.  My new motherboard I should be receiving soon (Asus A7V)
does this.  Of course I currently don't have eight EIDE devices to connect,
but it'll be nice in the future if I get another HD or perhaps a CD writer
so I can have three devices configured as master and no slaves...

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org