probs starting out

Steve Hayashi sth at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Jan 11 22:46:47 PST 2001

A couple hints/tips.

First, can FDISK at least SEE the partition correctly?  And if it can what
does it say about it (it would describe it as a linux partition, and I
refer to the linux version of fdisk, not the MSDOS).  If it's not listed
correctly, there's a way to change it's type.

Second, make sure you do a mke2fs on that partition (I always forget this
step myself).

I haven't really played around with my Partition magic much, but I didn't
think it could necessarily do ext2.

-Steve