[OT] Newsgroup

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jan 12 11:44:53 PST 2001

> AFAIK, Gerard is working on this.  Was tried before, but there were
> problems with duplicated / unsent messages.  (i.e. postings on the NG
> wouldn't go to the mailing list, messages sent to the mailinglist wouldn't
> go on the NG, and so on.)

I'm not actively working on it anymore, i put it on the wish list (see
linuxfromscratch.org/wish.php). The problem we were facing were mail loops.
At  a point the mailinglist<->newsgroup gateway was working, but when a
message was posted to the mailinglist list it ended up on the newsgroup fine.
Messages posted to the newsgroup ended up in the mailinglist just fine too.

The problem was here:
All messages ariving on mailinglist copied to newsgroup
All messages ariving on newgroups copied to mailinglist

see the infinite loop? Haven't been able to fix it yet.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org