problems with sysklogd

Tony Karakashian tonyk at monstertruck.cc
Sun Jan 14 04:20:21 PST 2001

I just tried booting mine, and had similar problems.  I converted to
ReiserFS for the root partition, and didn't setup the init scripts right, so
it had issues mounting the root.  Since root wasn't mounted RW, it couldn't
mount /proc and hung.  Is that the problem you're having?  If so, and you
can mount the root, then check to make sure the /proc directory exists.  I
had the worst time last time when I'd forgotten to create it. :)

You also have /proc FS support built into the kernel, right? (It's not in
networking)

-T