ssh(d)

Andy Goth andy at chainsaw.grimnok.com
Sun Jan 14 16:28:28 PST 2001

On Sunday, January 14, 2001 18:28, Simon Perreault wrote:

> On Sunday 14 January 2001 19:32, Jesse Tie Ten Quee wrote:
> > Yo,
> >
> > On Sun, Jan 14, 2001 at 05:45:58PM -0600, Andy Goth wrote:
> > > Anyone else encounter this without making any configuration
> > > changes?
> >
> > Works fine here. (tested on my server, laptop, shadowfax the
> > LFS.org server, etc) using OpenSSH.
>
> I just tested it, and it doesn't work for me.
>
> [ ~ ]$ ssh 63.162.42.83
> Secure connection to 63.162.42.83 refused.
>
> Maybe your ip changed though.

Nope.  un.dynodns.net is automatically updated to point to my machine when I connect to my ISP, and 63.162.142.83 is my IP right now.

Note that the error message you quoted is what I get when I forcibly take down sshd.  I gave that just to show you the comparison between what I get when I have sshd running and not running.  When it is running I get a different message, so obviously my sshd does accept the connection and then tells the foreign host to kiss off.
--
Andy Goth  |  unununium at openverse.org  |  uin: 35256413  |  aim: Un111

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org