ssh(d)

Andy Goth andy at chainsaw.grimnok.com
Sun Jan 14 16:40:37 PST 2001

On Sunday, January 14, 2001 18:46, Jesse Tie Ten Quee wrote:
> Yo,
>
> On Sun, Jan 14, 2001 at 06:28:28PM -0600, Andy Goth wrote:
> > Note that the error message you quoted is what I get when I
> > forcibly take down sshd.  I gave that just to show you the
> > comparison between what I get when I have sshd running and not
> > running.  When it is running I get a different message, so
> > obviously my sshd does accept the connection and then tells the
> > foreign host to kiss off.
>
> Have you tried using, ssh -v localhost? and looking at the debug
> output?

Here goes:

[andy at chainsaw|~]$ ssh -v localhost
SSH Version OpenSSH_2.3.0p1, protocol versions 1.5/2.0.
Compiled with SSL (0x0090581f).
debug: Reading configuration data /usr/etc/ssh_config
debug: Applying options for *
debug: Seeding random number generator
debug: ssh_connect: getuid 1000 geteuid 0 anon 0
debug: Connecting to localhost [127.0.0.1] port 22.
debug: Seeding random number generator
debug: Allocated local port 973.
debug: Connection established.
debug: Remote protocol version 1.99, remote software version OpenSSH_2.3.0p1
debug: no match: OpenSSH_2.3.0p1
debug: Local version string SSH-1.5-OpenSSH_2.3.0p1
debug: Waiting for server public key.
debug: Received server public key (768 bits) and host key (1024 bits).
debug: Forcing accepting of host key for loopback/localhost.
debug: Seeding random number generator
debug: Encryption type: 3des
debug: Sent encrypted session key.
debug: Installing crc compensation attack detector.
debug: Received encrypted confirmation.
Connection closed by 127.0.0.1
debug: Calling cleanup 0x805e694(0x0)
Nothing looks out of place, except maybe the OpenSSH_2.3.0p1 bit.  Hey, come to think of it, maybe that is the problem.  Wait, never mind.  It can't be: Eugene in Singapore has been able to log in after I installed this version (but not before).
--
Andy Goth  |  unununium at openverse.org  |  uin: 35256413  |  aim: Un111

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org