Occasional hard drive freezings when compiling?

Geoff Stanbury geeyoff at zerohour.net
Sun Jan 14 20:36:30 PST 2001

At 09:23 PM 1/14/01 -0600, Andy Goth wrote:
> >  I'm also planning on
> > upgrading the kernel from 2.2.17 to 2.4.0 tonight, to see if that
> > does anything.
>Hey, me too!  I mean, I'm planning on rebuilding everything else to go
>along with it.
How are you going about doing this?  Are you using the LFS-Howto from start
to finish, or do you have some sort of neat little shortcut where you can
sort of rebuild everything and install it over what you've already got (so
that you don't have to spend all that time with disk partitioning and
startup files and stuff...)

Is it bad to leap from 2.2.x to 2.4.x when so many programs were built
against the old kernel?

Worry, worry...  :-)

--Geoff

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org