LILO Issues

Seth Payne SPayne at Legato.com
Mon Jan 15 09:28:43 PST 2001

I have had the SAME problem!  I ended up having to completely repartition my
/dev/hda drive and reinstall LILO before it would work.

-----Original Message-----
From: John Croteau [mailto:johnc at geekopolis.com]
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2001 10:25 AM
To: lfs-apps at linuxfromscratch.org
Subject: LILO Issues

Ok, please excuse my brain fart but I had thought that LILO could now
boot partitions that were above the 1024 cylinder boundary.  The version
of LILO that comes with Slackware, 21.4.?, does not have any problems
with my /etc/lilo.conf on the LFS partition.  But when I run the lilo,
21.6.1, that I compiled, it complains about geometry.

What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks.

---
  John T. Croteau, Professional Geek     mailto:johnc at geekopolis.com