Occasional hard drive freezings when compiling?

Steve Hayashi sth at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Jan 15 11:35:28 PST 2001

I think that temperature is alright.  I'm used to Centigrade, but running
the calculations, you're alright.

You can control the voltage to the processor usually by jumpers on the
motherboard (you'd have to look in your motherboard manual).  Usually
somewhere in the bios, it will say that there's too much voltage going on.

The other problem COULD be (and I'm not sure how this might happen) is
that you don't have a strong enough power supply.  I could be wrong on
this, but I don't think a processor will draw as much power in an idle
state as it would while it's compiling (compiling programs is one of the
more processor intensive things to do).

-Steve