LILO Issues

Andy Goth andy at chainsaw.grimnok.com
Mon Jan 15 13:07:38 PST 2001

On Monday, January 15, 2001 12:15, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
> Or put the "lba32" option in your /etc/lilo.conf.  This is the
> preferred method as when you make a new kernel the make file won't
> bail on  'make bzlilo'.

That's all fine and good, but can LILO boot from a disk that BIOS can't see because it's too large?  I need to hide my main disk from BIOS otherwise it locks up at boot time.  To boot I have it read from another smaller disk.  If I could I'd remove this boot chaining trick because it's annoying.
--
Andy Goth  |  unununium at openverse.org  |  uin: 35256413  |  aim: Un111

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org