LILO Issues

Richard Lightman richard at reika.demon.co.uk
Tue Jan 16 09:58:04 PST 2001

Misquoted from Andy Goth on 2001/01/15 at 15:07 +0000:

> That's all fine and good, but can LILO boot from a disk that BIOS can't see because it's too large?  I need to hide my main disk from BIOS otherwise it locks up at boot time.  To boot I have it read from another smaller disk.  If I could I'd remove this boot chaining trick because it's annoying.

You could try the PCI direct part of grub. (My pathetic bios stops the
hard disk motor after each read so I want PCI direct too). In version
0.5.96.1 PCI direct was very experimental so I did not have the nerve
to try it. That was some time ago. Perhaps it is working now.

Richard
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/grub/

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org